CO2 traffic light for better indoor air
Measurement and display of CO2 concentration in rooms
- Precise and wireless CO2 sensor with automatic calibration and lithium battery for long battery life without recharging
- Clearly visible traffic light with the states green, yellow, red
- Two separate systems for measurement at a relevant point and display at a clearly visible point
- Professional measurement technology from building services engineering
- Professional traffic light from the industrial sector
The CO2 traffic light is suitable for offices, seminar rooms, meeting rooms, fitness studios and similar rooms where people are present.
CO2 is a natural and odourless component of air. When people are indoors, the CO2 concentration increases considerably when they exhale if no fresh air is supplied. This reduces the indoor air quality. The problem is that an increasing CO2 concentration in the room air demonstrably leads to fatigue, poor concentration and headaches. This reduces the productivity of people.
Timely airing helps to lower the CO2 concentration and bring the indoor air quality back to an optimal state. Unfortunately, humans don’t notice in time when they are in a room with sub-optimal air conditions. CO2 is odorless. The idea is now to visualize the CO2 concentration in such a way to bring people to aerate in time.
Virtenio’s CO2 sensor and traffic light combination is designed for optimum indoor air quality and displays it in three traffic light colours. The traffic light has a pleasant size so that the conditions are clearly visible and encourages employees to aerate in time to remain productive. Many tests have shown that this is effective and leads to timely aeration.
Costs of the CO2 traffic light amortize quickly
Personnel costs are high. This is common knowledge. For this reason, it is important for companies to have personnel work in an environment where they are as productive as possible. Virtenio’s CO2 traffic light contributes to a small extent to this. If employees become only a few percent more productive with the CO2 traffic light, the cost of the CO2 system will amortize very quickly. The traffic light also helps to save energy. For more information see below.
Further good reasons for a CO2 traffic light
- A study showed that carbon dioxide (CO2) has a negative effect on human concentration. These effects were observed in CO2 levels often found in offices, seminar rooms, meeting rooms and classrooms.
- CO2 has a negative impact on our health, safety and efficiency. Extremely high CO2 levels can even be fatal. The risk of infection also increases with an increase in CO2 concentration.
- A CO2 traffic light also helps to save energy. Consistent and regular airing is demonstrably much more effective than tilting windows and leaving the heating on. The traffic light with its colours indicates when the windows should be opened and closed. Energy savings of up to 20 percent are possible in this way.
Regular airing is the key to the solution and the CO2 singnal light of Virtenio helps to remember without being disturbing.